Website Mid-West Family Broadcasting
Local: Radio, Digital and Events
General Job Overview:
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is seeking an energetic, growth minded individual to become the next member of our Engineering department. This position will provide IT support for all computer systems, servers, workstations, routers etc. for the Benton Harbor (Michigan), South Haven (Michigan) and Mishawaka (Indiana) radio stations. You will work directly with the Chief Engineer in Benton Harbor on Broadcast Engineering projects, repairs and maintenance while providing IT support for South Haven and Mishawaka. You will have the opportunity to learn all technical aspects of radio broadcasting while gaining experience as an IT administrator. Enjoy a flexible work environment in either our Benton Harbor, MI office, or the Mishawaka, IN office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage our entire network of servers, workstations, switches, wireless bridges and routers.
- Install, configure, repair and troubleshoot all IT related equipment.
- Implement data protection, backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Work with Digital Media Manager on web sites, apps and vendor communications
- Good communication skills are required to explain procedures in Non-Technical Terms
- Assist Chief Engineer on various projects and equipment repairs
- Setup live remote broadcasts as needed
- Be on call 24/7 for emergencies
- Be able to work nights & weekends as needed
- Travel to tower sites, South Haven studios and Mishawaka studios will be required
- Report to the Benton Harbor Chief Engineer where the primary office is located
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft Server Administration and IT support
- Cisco and Linux router experience
- Strong mechanical and data wiring skills desired
- Clean driving record required
- Be able to tow trailers and drive large vehicles
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is an employee-owned radio, digital and events company operating in 8 markets across Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin, Missouri and Illinois. Our mission is simple, but important: hyper-serve our local communities with information, entertainment and companionship, produced by people who live and work here.
We are proud to call Michigan’s Great Southwest home since 1958, helping businesses large and small build successful branding campaigns that get measurable marketing results. The company has over 75 employees across our three offices and studios in Benton Harbor, South Haven and Mishawaka, IN, many with tenure over 10+ years.
Our brands include News/Talk 94.9 WSJM, 106.1 & 1400 WSJM Sports, ROCK 107 WIRX, 98.3 The Coast, 103.7 COSY-FM, 97.5 Y-Country, Sunny 101.5 WNSN, Live 99.9 WQLQ, Z94.3 WZOC, WSBT AM 960 & 96.1, 95.7 The Lake, MoodyOnTheMarket.com, Town Crier Wire, Music Express Mobile DJ Service, Radio Super Saver, Radio Dining Deals, Smooth Jazz at Sunset, Summer Jam, Wedding World, and more.
Our stations are deeply involved in the communities we serve. If you are excited about the opportunities available at Mid-West Family Broadcasting, please send your resume today!
Send your resume to the Chief Engineer, Terry Green !
Mid-West Family Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org