Website Mid-West Family Broadcasting - Southwest Michigan
Local: Radio, Digital, Events
Oh, hey! We’re Mid-West Family Broadcasting in Southwest Michigan. A place where local radio, digital and events are strong and always growing around a beautiful set of Lake Michigan shoreline communities we’ve called home since 1958.
We are currently in search of the next type-A personality, anal-retentive, totally passionate, sales-crazy leader to take the helm as our Director of Sales. This person will drive revenue for our NINE product lines while also being active as a face of the organization in the community.
In this role you will directly manage the entire Sales Department including training, coaching, tracking and recruiting. Directly supervise the General Sales Manager, Local Sales Manager and Account Managers to achieve sales revenue goals. Manages national sales, political sales and selected local/regional sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages each Account Manager differently yet fairly to achieve maximum effort and performance from each person.
- Works with the other sales managers to recruit new Account Managers to the sales team as necessary.
- Attends select client meetings with Account Managers and conducts effective after-call coaching sessions.
- Conducts effective one-with-one meetings with Account Managers on a weekly basis. Summarizes meeting and completes a one-with-one recap.
- Collaborates with other sales managers in planning and conducting weekly sales training meetings for sales staff.
- Assists Account Managers on specific projects/sales as needed.
- Communicates with General Sales Manager and Local Sales Manager frequently to discuss concerns and successes.
- Helps oversee all political advertising. Studies and understands political guidelines.
- Helps represent Mid-West Family Broadcasting with National Rep firm, Katz Radio. Packages stations effectively to secure maximum revenue for Mid-West Family Broadcasting.
- Manages a selected list of local/regional, trade and co-promotional clients.
- Facilitates other ways to help sales managers and Sales Department achieve greater efficiency.
- Meets or exceeds National and local/regional revenue budgets.
- And other duties as assigned.
Supervises Account Managers and works in partnership with General Sales Manager and Local Sales Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
4-year college degree in Broadcast, Communications or related field optional. Sales experience and 5 years of management experience required. Radio sales and management preferred.
Ability to communicate precisely and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small and large group situations to Account Managers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to construct and write proposals, letters and other documents using correct grammar, punctuation and layout.
Basic math skills are required. Also, ability to use and understand Arbitron ratings, rates and all related information preferred. Ability to understand simple to moderate spreadsheets. Ability to construct and understand Account Manager budgets and overall budgets.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Basic knowledge of computers and copy machine. Ability to work with a wide range of personalities within the sales department and other departments. Ability to successfully attend to numerous activities, projects and people simultaneously. Be available for occasional overnight travel for company functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid driver’s license is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and drive a vehicle.
The noise level in this work environment is low to moderate.
Base salary, percentage of overall sales, commission on personal sales and bonuses for reaching specific goals.
Tell us why you want to work here with resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to IWantToWork@theradiostations.com